Transportation Commission awards more than $ 17 million in contracts in October
(Fremont County, Wyoming) – The Wyoming Transportation Commission awarded more than $ 17 million in contracts for 10 Wyoming Department of Transportation construction projects at its October 21 business meeting.
The commission awarded a $ 3.4 million offer to McGarvin-Moberly Construction Co. of Worland to complete milling, paving, chip sealing and other miscellaneous work on approximately 10 miles of Wyoming Highway 135 in Fremont County.
In Laramie County, Gillette’s S&S Builders, LLC won a $ 3.4 million bid for the leveling, paving and updating of curbs, gutters, electrical systems and sidewalks along the US Highway 85.
Reiman Corp. was the sole bidder on a project to complete bridge rehabilitation, paving, grading and other miscellaneous work at various locations in Sweetwater County with a bid of approximately $ 5 million.
The commission also awarded a $ 1.2 million bid to Wilson Bros. Cowley-based Construction, Inc., for a project that included grading, drainage, fencing, guardrails and other miscellaneous work on approximately 3 miles of US Highway 310 and Wyoming Highway 789 to Big Horn County.
The above projects all have an expected completion date of October 31, 2022.
Rock Springs-based Kilgore Companies, LLC has received an offer of $ 1.5 million to crush coating materials, mix salt stocks and other miscellaneous work at various locations in Lincoln, Sublette counties, Sweetwater, Teton and Uinta. This project has a completion date of April 2022.
Other awarded projects include:
- Highway Improvement Inc. of Sioux Falls, South Dakota, received approximately $ 834,000 for an approximately 104 mile highway crack sealing project at various locations in Lincoln, Sublette, Sweetwater and Uinta counties.
- Z & Z Seal Coating, Inc. of Billings, MT has received approximately $ 799,000 for a crack sealing project on approximately 43 miles of freeway at various locations in Converse, Goshen, Natrona and Platte counties.
- Z & Z Seal Coating also received approximately $ 399,000 for an approximately 77 mile highway crack sealing project at various locations in Big Horn and Park counties.
- Z & Z Seal Coating also received approximately $ 324,000 for an approximately 101 mile highway crack sealing project at various locations in Albany, Carbon and Laramie counties.
- Wilson Bros. Construction received $ 517,000 for a project that includes grading, drainage, paving and other miscellaneous work in Fremont County.
Almost all WYDOT projects are awarded to the lowest bidder.