Muskogee School Board — AGENDA | Schools
WHAT: Regular meeting of the Muskogee School Board.
WHEN: 6:00 p.m. Tuesday.
WHERE: Educational Services Center, 202 W. Broadway.
1. Call to Order – Tommy Anderson, President; INVOCATION – Reuben McIntosh, Director, New Tech Cherokee; OATH OF ALLEGIANCE – Tommy Anderson, President.
2. REORGANIZATION OF THE COUNCIL OF EDUCATION OFFICERS FOR APRIL 2022 – APRIL 2023 — Chairman – Larry Stewart; Vice President – Debra Horsechief; Council Clerk – Danny Shiew; Deputy/Vice Clerk – Bobby Jefferson.
3. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION IN COUNCIL MEETINGS
4. STAFF RECOGNITION — Certified Elementary School: Charity Nicholson, Tony Goetz; High School Certified: Penny McGill, MHS; Support: Robin Lay, 8-9 GA and Yvette Ennis, Creek.
5. SUPERINTENDENT’S REPORT — Color Guard Recognition – Harvey Price and Lauren Fort; Strategic Planning Report – Kim Dyce; Bond Issue Update – Lance Crawley.
6. REPORTS/COMMENTS FROM SCHOOL BOARD MEMBERS
7. Consider a resolution setting deadlines and setting a date, time and place for the sale of the School District’s $7,130,000 General Duty Combined Purpose Bonds.
8. PERMANENT RESOLUTIONS (See online).
9. PROPOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION — An executive session is proposed to discuss the recommendations of Staff A. to J. (names listed below) presented for the resignation, dismissal or employment of staff members, with a vote to be taken after returning to the public session; in accordance with OKLA. STAT. 25 OS § 307(B)(1).
10. RETURN TO OPEN SESSION
11. ANNOUNCEMENT OF CONFORMITY OF THE MINUTES OF THE EXECUTIVE MEETING
12. PERSONNEL – BE IT RESOLVED that the Muskogee School District I-20 Board of Education, on the recommendation of the Superintendent of Schools, APPROVE resolutions A. through J. relating to personnel, as noted.
A. Temporary employment of certified personnel for the 2022-2023 school year: Jessica Laverty, teacher, 8/9 Grade Acad., effective 08/17/2022; Elizabeth Salas, teacher, ECC, as of 08/17/2022.
B. Additional certified staff service for the 2021-2022 school year: Sarah Blevins, Project Shape Teacher, 6/7 Grade Acad., $25/hr; Tina Lamirand, Project Shape Teacher, 6/7 Grade Acad., $25/hr; Keli Miles, Project Shape Teacher, 6/7 Grade Acad., $25/hr; Dallas Schrieber, Project Shape Teacher, 6/7 Grade Acad., $25/hr; Sharica Cole, Title I Guardian, Cherokee, effective 2/1/2022; William Tindell, Aft. School teacher, Cherokee, $25/hr; Linda Falleur, summer teacher, Creek, $25/hr; Danielle Mount, summer counselor, Creek, $25/hr; Nowana Nolan, summer teacher, Creek, $25/hr; Margaret Ragsdale, summer teacher, Creek, $25/hr; Jeanette Vasquez, summer teacher, Creek, $25/hr; Stephanie Payne, summer counselor, MHS, $25/hr; Jack Reavis, JOM emcee, MHS, *$200; William Tindell, summer teacher, Pershing, $25/hr; Donna Cochran, summer teacher, $25/hr; Melody Cranford, summer teacher, $25/hr; Ashley Eller, summer teacher, $25/hr; Natasha Franklin, summer teacher, $25/hr; Donda Hogan, summer teacher, $25/hr; Allison Kirkley, summer teacher, $25/hr; Emily Lewis, summer teacher, $25/hr; Amanda McMillan, summer teacher, $25/hr; Jennifer Norwood, summer teacher, $25/hr; Whitney Tindell, summer teacher, $25/hr; Phylis Watson, summer teacher, $25/hr; *One time event
C. Resignation of certified personnel for the 2021-2022 school year: Marian O’Rourke, teacher, ECC, effective 06/30/2022; Madison McMurtrey, Advisor, MHS, effective 6/30/2022.
D. Temporary employment of support staff for the 2021-2022 school year: Jarrod Jackson, janitor, 6/7 Grade Acad., effective 04/20/2022; Maria Seamster, keeper, 6/7 Grade Acad., effective 20/04/2022; ; Kali Wells, teaching assistant, ECC, from 04/20/2022; Jaylene Haas, goaltender, Irving, effective 4/20/2022; Michael McConnell, goalkeeper, Pershing, from 20/04/2022; Vicki Pigg, Bus Driver, Transportation, effective 04/01/2022; Vicki Pigg, Bus Driver, Transportation, effective 04/16/2022.
E. Additional support staff service for the 2021-2022 school year: LaQuisha Corbin, Project Shape Assistant, 6/7 Grade Acad., $15/hr; Brandy Glendening, Project Shape Assistant, 6/7 Grade Acad., $15/hr; Kathryn Hall, Project Shape Assistant, 6/7 Grade Acad., $15/hr; Canzaty Thompson, Project Form Assistant, 6/7 Grade Acad., $15/hr; Kamisa Wilson, Project Shape Assistant, 6/7 Grade Acad., $15/hr; Jennifer Capps, summer secretary, Creek, $15/hr; Shelly Downs, summer secretary, MHS, $15/hr; Tiffany McCoin, summer secretary, Pershing, $15/hr.
F. Resignation of support staff for the 2021-2022 school year: Melissa Wooliver, Food Server, CNS, effective 03/09/2022; Georgia Wiedel, teaching assistant, ECC, from 04/15/2022; Jayden Norwood, Attendance Secretary, MHS, effective 3/31/2022; To Cheri Slate Roudebush, caretaker, ESC, from 31/03/2022; Montana Mitchell, Goalkeeper, MHS, as of 04/01/2022.
G. Non-acceptance of hiring for support staff for the 2021-2022 school year: Christy Leinberger, paraprofessional, MHS, as of 03/22/2022; McKinzee Farmer, paraprofessional, MHS, effective 3/22/2022; Kila Walkingstick, Receptionist, MHS, as of 22/03/2022.
H. Administrative Staff Employment for the 2021-2022 school year: Mike Sisco, Group Director, MHS, effective 05/23/2022.
I. Resignation of a certified administrative employee for the 2021-2022 school year: Karen Watkins, Director, RIA, effective 06/30/2022.
J. Resignation from employment of administrative support staff for the 2021-2022 school year: Steve Braun, Exec. Real. of Comm., District, effective 05/27/2022.
PERMANENT RESOLUTIONS (ONLINE ONLY)
BE IT RESOLVED by the Muskogee School District I-20 Board of Education, on the recommendation of the Superintendent of Schools, TO APPROVE Standing Resolutions A. through J. as listed:
A. Minutes of previous meeting — March 22, 2022.
B. Payment Schedule — Checks to be issued in payment of charges/January invoices duly verified against the funds and in the amounts listed below and detailed in the financial reports: AP – Checks #20222324-20222695 $4,546,922.59 ; PE – #220180-220223 $99,072.65; AF – Checks # 2200279-220340 $53,340.51; DD’s – # 22205918-22206714 $1,927,810.79.
C. List of loads – numbered 22002909-22003320
D. Operating and investment funds — March 1 to 31: operating account $13,827,589.82; Activity account $456,403.33; Investment Account $0.00″
E. Financial report — Balance sheet, expense/revenue report, activity funds, allocation of funds, investments.
F. Purchase Orders Over $15,000
00044953 Trafera 795 $63,400 Administrative Laptops
00045021 Bluemark 169 $29,216.74 Natural Gas
00045179 Hiland Dairy Products 759 $41,999.91 Dairy Products
00045180 Arnold’s Fruit 759 $36,000 Fruits and vegetables
00045222 PC Landing Zone 421 $29,351 Ipads
00045230 Educational Products 561 $49,467.15 Backpacks
00045239 Carrier Enterprises $795,118,096 HVAC Cherokee
00045304 Midwestern Sporting Goods 563 $17,500 Backpacks
00045305 Property maintenance 183 $17,500 Ground watering
00045306 ZLT Contractor 183 $18,000 Mowing
00045308 Hallowed Grounds 183 $22,750 Mowing
00045381 Trafera $795,471,200 Laptops for teachers
G. Contracts—Connors St. College, Early College Prog. : Tyler Technologies, transportation software; Jenkins & Kempler, $28,000, audit services for fiscal year 2022
H. New Activity Account — 914 Hospitality ESC
I.Appr. Add. – Child Nutrition Fund: $643,696.28, new credits, $3,112,942.63; Building fund, $406,582.68, new appropriations $13,066,498.30; General fund, $1,537,741.70, new appropriations $61,607,377.59
J. Temp approx. 2023 — General Fund, $61,000,000; Building Fund, $2,500,000; Child Nutrition Fund, $2,450,000