Michael Ray appeals to Lee Brice, Kid Rock and more for ‘higher education’ that looks like Nashville
Michael Ray takes the school attendance hard knocks in his video for “Higher Education,” and his classmates are big names. The clip and recently shared song features Lee Brice, ZZ Top’s Billy F. Gibbons, Tim Montana and Kid Rock.
With such a call, Ray was sure to end up with a flashy lesson plan for the fans – and the result is just as you’d expect. Emphasizing the rebellious nature of the song, the band of Musical Brothers hang out in a smoky billiard room, then take the stage for a rowdy performance.
An easy-to-rock thumper filled with pride in street intelligence that you can’t get in school, “Higher Education” was written by Montana, Derek George, Jeremy Bussey, Monty Criswell, and Frank Rogers. It features sounding guitars, pounding drums and a rolling banjo underneath, as Ray and his team swap woodland wisdom verses like “Old folks tell the best bar jokes” and “Never Let Go. the opportunity to smoke with Willie. “
“I did my higher education / Good old boy, bad reputation / School of hard knocks with a 4.0 / Learn to rock, learn to roll / It’s paper at home / Just a minor with a middle finger / In hell grape ‘low expectations / Graduated from higher education, “ goes the chorus.
“Higher Education” is the title song of Ray’s recently released seven-song project, and the group also delivered a televised performance on Fox and his friends. Ray’s current single, “Whiskey And Rain,” hits the Top 15 of the country radio charts.
Higher Education track list:
- Whiskey and Rain (Josh Thompson, Jesse Frasure)
- Just Like I Am (Michael Hardy, Ben West, Josh Miller)
- Holy Water (Ashley Gorley, Hunter Phelps, Ben Johnson, Michael Hardy)
- Photo (Michael Ray, David Garcia, Michael Hardy)
- The feat of higher education. Kid Rock, Lee Brice, Billy Gibbons and Tim Montana (Tim Montana, Derek George, Jeremy Bussey, Monty Criswell, Frank Rogers)
- Live Without You (Michael Hardy, Jessi Alexander, Corey Crowder)
- Didn’t know I was country (Michael Ray, Taylor Phillips, Ashley Gorley)